Attention New Pickleball Players: Thank you for participating in the Prescott Pickleball Association’s 2018 Beginner Pickleball Lessons.
Final night of the summer lessons. Pictured here are six instructors with just a few of the 119 who came out from April to August to learn to play pickleball.
Because of your enthusiasm for the sport, the Prescott Pickleball Association and City of Prescott have designated Mondays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm as Challenge Night for Beginners on courts 3 and 4 at the Prescott Pickleball Courts.
This is your time to practice what you’ve learned during the lessons you took over the summer, and to find other pickleball players in your skill level who are also working to improve their game. We are moving into a great season to play pickleball. Keep coming out to the Prescott Pickleball Courts to enjoy the fun.
Below is a slideshow of photos taken during several sessions throughout the summer for you to remember how much fun we all had.
PPA BOD Meeting
August 15, 2018, at 1:00 PM
Grace Sparkes Activity Center
824 E. Gurley Street, Prescott
- Minutes of July 27 meeting
- Email decisions
- MOAA Charity event request denied
- Clinics for 3.0 players approved but no instructors
- Contact with City for $30,000 Acker Trust – signed
- General Acrylics
- Country Bank and Pay Pall accounts opened – completed
- Bulletin Board – completed
- Second Spigot – there will be a spigot at the bathrooms but not at the current courts
- Gazebo – completed
- Retaining wall
- Revision to By-Laws
- Strategic Plan
Four More Campaign
- Financial report
- AARP grant program – submitted, no word yet
- Survey results to TAC – not done yet
- Construction budget and current status of project – need for a construction team to deal directly with COP
- Contribution levels – name a court
- Next steps
- Youth Month
- BBBS event 7/28
- August – no progress
- September – Mile-High Match Up
- October – 7.0 play – need coordinator
- November – need coordinator
- Beginner Lessons
- Annual Meeting and election committee
- Request from Keith West to expand court designations to include skill levels during Challenge Play
Next Meeting –